Friday, January 4, 2013

The Legging Crutch

Cotton Legging
Side Striped - Design History
Faux Leather - M Missoni


I know you all may be afraid of this post. It was very difficult for me to write emotionally. I have a certain attachment to leggings - some may even call them part of my daily uniform. It's like wearing pajamas, yet they are socially appropriate. 

The legging crutch is plaguing our society and I am most definitely a victim. While pregnant, the legging offered me a sort of comfort that regular pants could never achieve. Even post pregnancy, when I could no where near fit into my regular pants, the legging made me feel like I could re-enter society.

Now, I just use them as a crutch like the rest of the world. With so many legging options, leather, cotton, print and jeggings, they are truly difficult to resist.

In an effort to get back to my stylish self, I am committing here to wear real pants at least twice a week. Want to join me? 

I'll let you know what I find!
 
Any brand or pair you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. First off, I love this blog!! And I too lived in leggings while pregnant and still live in them now. I love the Nordstrom brand. They are comfortable and thick so they aren't see through. And let's not forget about jeggings! I have Seven brand jeggings on right now and I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete