Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to Basics

Upon re-entering the world of fashion, I realized my stash of basics were looking quite slim. Over the past 9 months, I have learned that the key to being a stylish mom is the art of layering. I know this is not a new concept, but when you are constantly chasing after your little one, breast feeding and experiencing hot flashes, that only come after giving birth, layering becomes a necessity.



 The only real store for me in walking distance happens to be the Gap. Surprisingly, it appears that the Gap is making a come back and is now my go-to for layering basics.

The store's lux jersey pocket top, seen above, comes in a variety of fun pastel colors. Just because you are layering, doesn't mean the bottom layer has to be boring!

The tops can also be wore with leggings, featuring a longer back of the top to hide your goods. I have these tops in a few colors and they are extremely comfortable and easy to wear with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment