Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mama's Got a New Face!


Metallic Creme Eye Colour - Alloy
Tinted Moisturizer
Black Karat - Baked Eye


I have never been much of a makeup kind of gal. Spending hours in front of the mirror always sounded more like a nightmare than a beauty routine. Now with even less time on my hands, I had completely written off the idea of ever wearing it again.

In an effort to get back to my stylish self, I have reconsidered this decision. 

MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Urban Decay, all great brands, or so I've heard. I had no idea where to start. 

I decided to head over to the Laura Mercier counter. There was no loud music blaring, MAC, and no pretentious looking makeup artists, Chanel. The woman who helped me could tell I was in need of some serious assistance. 

First thing she noticed about my skin was that it was dry. Causes of skin dryness: 
  • Lack of sleep - Check!
  • Dehydrated - Check!
  • Not eating right - Check!
It was amazing how well she already knew me. I told her that chasing around a 9 month old did not leave me much time to apply make up. So she decided on a few items to give me the new face I desired. 

The tinted moisturizer is a great product. Apply with your fingers all over your face and into the neck - it looked like I had a bit of a tan, but without the skin damage. 

The eye creme is my favorite item I purchased that day. Again, you apply with your finger all over the eye and use it as a primer before you add on eye shadow. Slap on some liner and mascara and I was good to go! 

Here is me before my big meeting - with my new face.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment