Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Zara Rediscovered

I first encountered Zara when I was studying abroad my junior year of college. Every major city in Europe is endowed with a Zara. The clothing was inexpensive, yet made well and fit the European style trends. Coming back to the states I felt I had scored a great deal uncovering the lovely Zara fashions from abroad.

A few years later, Zara made its way stateside, but it was not the same Zara I once knew in Barcelona, Rome and Paris. This Zara was a bit more expensive and the quality happened to decrease despite the price tag. Comparing to the likes of Forever 21 and H&M, Zara, to me, was just another low quality, middle cost product - until today.

I ran into Zara before a meeting to kill some time. I was surprised to find on-trend pieces throughout the store. Where have I been? Is this new or am I just out of touch? 

With spring fashions featured in every major store, I have looked for a light weight patterned pant to wear out and about. While there are many to choose from, their price tags are less than desirable.

I found these ethnic print wide trousers at Zara, $49,90 - great for the spring time with a white tank top and wedges.

I also scored this yellow dress, also from Zara. If you haven't been in the store recently, just pop in to see the surprising changes they have made.



1 comment:

  1. Yes! I used to find Zara cheap and un-thrilling as well! Yet the last year or two, they have hit the jackpot with me, and I am loving it there!

    Great picks.

    XO,

    Gina

    www.popcornandpandas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete