Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shopping Blizzard

As an unwilling participant of the Boston 2013 Blizzard, I noticed some very interesting sales tactics by online shopping sites. Inbound emails came in droves stating, "Shop now! Blizzard sale!," or "Bored at home? Shop online." 

It is amazing how quickly commerce can adapt to environmental trajedies that have kept many in New England stuck at home over the past three days. I am proud to say that I did not partake in any shopping over the weekend. It was too difficult keeping Gray occupied without leaving the confines of our very small apartment. 

Needless to say, we survived and are very lucky to have not lost power! 

For some reason, now that we are out of the storm, my shopping bug is starting to itch. 

I can't fathom purchasing any spring or summer items with almost three feet of snow all around me, but the thought of adding to my already overflowing winter wardrobe doesn't appear to make much sense either.

What's on your shopping list?

No comments:

Post a Comment